Saturday, February 18, 2012

Good ideas need to collide




If good ideas come from our hunches and their collision with other peoples hunches then we need to ask ourselves, when was the last time you interacted with other writers and discussed the bits and pieces that you are thinking about?

I have recently found an amazing community of writers on Twitter.  They have given me an incredible outlet to flirt, sass, and be silly with my ideas.  They have resulted in great hunches for my writing and encouragement to move forward with my current work in progress.

The WIP has had quiet a life. It is the stripped and chopped WIP that I started two years ago given a new life with a new point of view.  This has been a humbling experience.  (I might be a little bias...but I think I get my fair share of these on a daily basis.)  This is the first time I feel it is my voice telling the story. It time for me to find it and own it in this work.  

4 comments:

  1. Collaboration is essential for me. I enjoy people who enjoy words. Twitter hmmmm? Okay!

    A visit back to you from A-Z :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for finding and following me! Best of luck with your WIP! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you're on the right track with the WIP. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great community of writers that help one another.

    ReplyDelete